SANFORD, Fla. -- They were the words George Zimmerman's defense team did not want to hear from Judge Deborah Nelson. She said, "I have read the motion and the exhibits and heard the argument of counsel. The motion is denied."
The team went to court Tuesday, hoping to remove some of his bond restrictions. They wanted him taken off 24-hour, GPS surveillance. And they wanted him to be allowed to move out of Seminole County. Attorney Mark O'Mara said it was for his client's safety. "There are threats out there. And if you want, we can present them," he said.
Prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda didn't buy it. He said, "It's not safe? And the defendant's got to be in disguise? My recollection is this defendant appeared on national TV. He put his profile right up there for everybody in the world to see him. And now he's arguing that its not safe?"
The state also asked the judge not to forget why Zimmerman's bond had been revoked once before. "He lied to the court, to a former judge, regarding his ability to raise bond. And he also had, let's not forget, a second passport in terms of his ability to have flight."
Zimmerman is charged with the second degree murder of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. He has pleaded not guilty, claiming self-defense under Florida's Stand Your Ground
Judge Nelson has set a trial date for June 10. She also set a "Stand Your Ground" hearing 45 days before trial, where Zimmerman can argue it was self-defense and ask the judge to drop the charges.