JACKSONVILLE, Fla.-- We are learning more about dangerous trees in the city of Jacksonville.
The city told us it had no more trees marked for removal but Action News found some in the city.
Aubrey Stewart is 17 and paralyzed. A branch from a city tree fell on him in June 2011. It was a dangerous tree his parents warned the city about repeatedly for nine months prior to the accident.
This week Action News checked on the progress of taking down dangerous trees across the city. The city assured us it made changes and brought down all the dangerous trees since Aubrey's accident.
But we found a street with three trees marked with an X. Jim Colney says he first contacted the city about these trees last year. The X means they were on the list to be removed. A public information officer told us by email Wednesday, that's true. City leaders refused to go on camera to talk about why they didn't admit to us these trees are still standing.
In emails dating back to last month, Action News repeatedly asked for clarification, saying are there no trees on the list to be removed throughout the city? The response from a public information officer was that's correct. On Wednesday, that same officer told us the trees weren't emergencies so that's why we weren't told about them.
While the city now seems to be continually clarifying its answers to us, this neighborhood just wants one answer.
"We would like to see some action", said Colney.
The city says the three trees are scheduled to come down in the next four to six weeks. Right now, the city says 140 other trees are on a list of those bad limbs that may need to come down soon or trees that may need to be removed in the future. They couldn't tell Action News how many of those are marked with an X and ready to come down.